While many of us commonly refer to dementia as “memory impairment,” it typically affects much more than memory. You may have noticed various symptoms in a person you care about, such as confusion, depression, wandering, agitation, and memory loss, or one of many other symptoms. To learn more about Alzheimer’s and other dementia issues, please click here.
As dementia impairment progresses, people lose their ability to care for themselves. Families often find it difficult to be caregivers. At Mason Wright, they will find the environment, staff and services that are well-suited to provide the comfort, care and safety they seek for their family members. You, too, can turn to us with confidence.
Our memory assisted living residence consists of studio, one-bedroom and companion-suite apartments, with private rooms. Memory-impaired residents at Mason Wright experience life in the comfort and safety of their own community within a community. Our staff is specially trained to deal with the many issues faced by memory-impaired residents and their families.
Our services include…
- Specialized activity plans to meet the needs of each resident
- Three professionally prepared meals a day served in our comfortable dining room, plus snacks
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- A wide range of daily activities designed for fun, relaxation, companionship and mental stimulation
- Personal care assistance, such as dressing and bathing
- A full-time nurse
- Medication management
- A great attitude in all that we do
In addition, we offer such comfortable amenities such as:
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and sink
- Carpeted floors
- Large windows for natural light
- Custom window blinds
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Café for receptions and family gatherings
- Sunlit balconies (with restricted access, of course)
- Outdoor patio with summertime barbecues